Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What, why, where and when

Laura: Team Amazonia jets out of gloomy London on Friday 11 November, arriving in sunny Lima (capital of Peru) the same day. We then head south and begin our four day trek to Machu Pichu bright and early the next day. This involves flying from Lima to Cusco where we set off. Being 4 fit, healthy, young people we have naturally decided to pay locals to carry our bags because, well, because we’re lazy…

We then fly to Iquitos which is the start of the mighty Amazon River!!! Iquitos is the world’s most populous city that can not be accessed by road – you can only arrive their by air or river! We then spend two weeks travelling down the Amazon. Some days we’ll kayak to the river banks, some days we’ll spend sleeping in our hammocks and others’ well just take in the serenity.


Catherine: I bet we are soooo bored of each other’s company by day two!

Laura: Thank you Catherine… Day 12 sees us cross the border between Peru and Brazil (we fleetingly visit Colombia on the way) and enter South America’s biggest country! We finish the Amazon cruise on 2 December in the Brazilian city of Belem.

Dave: Hey my uncle (Brian, lives in Ottawa) was just in Belem. Here’s what he emailed me about it: ‘It was a very rich city in 1900 and still has many beautiful buildings- some need a
coat of paint. If you have time check out the Opera House and have some good museums. The port area has been recently refurbished and has great restaurants and good night life. The area around Belem has some great beaches you will enjoy it.’

Jin: Sounds divine. Living in England isn’t great for the tan so the thought of a beach sounds perfect. I'm packing my bikini!

Laura: Guys, I’m trying to tell a story here – stop interrupting… After exploring Belem, we arrive in Rio De Jenario on 2 December and party there for two days before flying back into Heathrow, London on 5 December.

Jin: I can't wait to go to Rio! It's one of my must-see destinations. Can’t wait for the shopping... Plus I love that Peter Allen song 'I go to Rio'.

David: Hey! My mum went to school with Peter Allen... A Chappell family ‘claim to fame’! Actually, mum was an Elliot then so maybe it’s an Elliot family ‘claim to fame’…

Laura: Guys, what did I say about interrupting me!!! I’m the team leader remember.

Catherine: Whatever Laura… I just want to say that I LOVE Peter Allen. I will sing his songs non-stop while we’re in Rio!!!! I actually find him quite attractive and use to have a bit of a crush on him. Yum yum!!!

Laura: Um. I think we’ll leave it there...

2 Comments:

At 11:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny Lima ? I must have misread. Lima is the only city I know that's ahead of London for the number of foggy days per year !

Denis

 
At 9:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the sunscreen. Jin, you do have a tendency to overdo the whole "sun" thing and then pass out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home